This organization shall be known as the Rochester Recreation Club for the Deaf, Inc., hereafter named RRCD, a non-profit organization.
The principal office for the transaction of the business of RRCD is fixed and located in County of Monroe, and State of New York. The Board of Directors of RRCD may at any time or from time to time change the location of the principal office from one location to another in this county.
STATEMENT OF TAX EXEMPTION COMPLIANCE
Notwithstanding any other provision of the bylaws, RRCD is organized exclusively for the activities as specified in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, and shall not carry on any activity not permitted to be carried on by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.
- To provide a meeting place for organization of, by, and for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- To enhance the health, economic, social, and intellectual standing as well as the welfare of the deaf and hard of hearing.
- To take up social, civic and cultural activities about current issues affecting the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community.
- To foster a deeper appreciation and recognition of deaf culture among deaf and hard of hearing.
- To preserve and promote the use of American Sign Language in the deaf and hard of hearings community.
- To cooperate with other organizations to promote the general public understanding of deafness, deaf culture, hard of hearing, and various communication modes employed by each.
A person in good standing who supports the purpose of RRCD and pays dues, can be a member.
OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
The officers shall be President, Secretary, and Treasurer who shall be elected at a regular meeting of the Club. The Vice-President shall be appointed by the newly-elected President subject to approval of the membership at the regular meeting. The President, Secretary, and Treasurer shall hold their respective offices for a term or until their successors are duly elected and qualified. The Directors shall consist of at least three (3) appointed members, the chairpersons of the Social, Law, and Trustee committees. Member(s) at-large from the membership shall be added to the Board of Directors as deemed necessary.
The regular meeting of the Club shall be held annually in November. Additional meetings may be held at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Fifteen (15) active members constitute a quorum. The order of business during meetings shall follow the same procedure as outlined in Robert’s Rules of Order.
The Constitution may be amended at any regular meeting of the Club by two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members present and voting.
The current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall be the recognized authority in all questions of the Parliamentary Law not being covered by this Constitution and By-Laws.
In the event of the dissolution of this organization, all remaining assets, real estate and personal property, of whatever nature, shall be transferred to another organization, which has been organized exclusively for the activities as specified in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954. Specifically, RRCD has declared that Rochester School for the Deaf shall be the recipient in this dissolution clause.
END OF CONSTITUTION
March 10, 2018 (UPDATED)