Excerpt from Constitution ARTICLE IV (PURPOSE):
1. To provide a meeting place for organization of, by, and for the deaf and hard of hearing.
2. To enhance the health, economic, social, and intellectual standing as well as the welfare of the deaf and hard of hearing.
3. To take up social, civic and cultural activities about current issues affecting the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community.
4. To foster a deeper appreciation and recognition of deaf culture among deaf and hard of hearing.
5. To preserve and promote the use of American Sign Language in the deaf and hard of hearings community.
6. To cooperate with other organizations to promote the general public understanding of deafness, deaf culture, hard of hearing, and various communication modes employed by each.